Saturday, October 03, 2009

What I Watched - 3rd Qtr 2009

To prove that the pattern is long running, here are links to my lists from the first quarter and the second quarter.

Without further ado, here's what I watched in July, August and September:

Big Trouble in Little China - one of my all-time favorites
Eddie and the Cruisers - yep, I sometimes go to the dark side
Tobacco Roody - classic hicksploitation
Curse of the Werewolf - Hammer studios and Oliver Reed, one of the best
Phantom of the Opera - 1962 version, pretty good
Paranoiac - Odd and creepy
Southern Comforts - more hicksploitation
C.H.U.D. - classic and much better than it's reputation
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage - Dario Argento giallo
Wife to be Sacrificed - Japanese erotica, very stylized, very twisted
American Pie - did for pastry chefs what Brokeback Mountain did for cowboys
The Gore Gore Girls - a serial killer is stalking strippers in this Herschell Gordon Lewis classic
What Have You Done to Solange? - giallo, moody and atmospheric
Shutter - Thai horror film
Sansho the Bailiff - classic Japanese cinema, an unforgettable ending
A Lizard in Woman's Skin - yet more classic Italian giallo
Blood Sisters of Lesbian Sin - waste of a great title
Kitten in a Cage - pretty damn crappy
The Girl From Pussycat - ditto
Beavis and Butthead Do America - I tried, but I really don't like these guys. Never have.
The Notorious Betty Page - biography of the famous pin-up queen.
The Inconfessable Orgies of Emmanuelle - another entry in the franchise, another waste of a good title
Killing Machine - Japanese. Odd.
Silent Hill - incredibly atmospheric, but in the end it was a mile wide and a half inch deep. Disappointing.
Exorcism - Jess Franco offering, where he plays a demented priest
Cemetery Gates - kids and a Tasmanian Devil, kinda like a cartoon with way more blood and gore
Babes in the Woods - hey, I reviewed this!
Zodiac - story revolving around the serial killer. This happened while I was growing up in the Bay Area.
Beowolf - eh
Crazy Lips - Japanese. Odd. I need to get a stamp made.
Doctor of Doom - Mexican Wrestling Women come to save the day!
The Wrestling Women vs. the Aztec Mummy - ditto
Monique, My Love - slightly sleazy exploitation from the late 60's
Babette - ditto

Well, admitting all that probably cost me my last few readers.

2 comments:

dogette said...

You watch some damned interesting movies. None of which I have seen. None! I'm too much into TV series right now: Sons of Anarchy, House MD, Rescue Me. Yeah, I'm worried about me. The last movie we watched was that thing with Russell Crowe as a reporter. Can't even remember the title. Hm. However, I have pre-ordered DRAG ME TO HELL on Blu-Ray and am looking forward to seeing it for the first time.

Anonymous said...

That is an interesting list and I can't believe dogette hasn't seen a one. I love horror flicks. I even watch the bad ones so I can complain about them for days after.
I need a hobby. I'll have to do more crafting.

 
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »