Sunday, August 24, 2008

More Anecdotal Evidence Of My Awesomeness

One: My son TJ attended a gaming convention of some sort a couple of weeks ago (Indianapolis maybe?). Anyway, there was someone there at a table full of B-movies and horror goodies. As my family has been conditioned to do, TJ automatically stopped to look over the display and got into a conversation with the proprietor. TJ mentioned that I watched a lot of cult cinema and wrote reviews about them online, and when he told the guy about "Rocket Jones", the response was "Wow, your dad is Rocket Jones?!?!?!"

Oh yeah, I rock.

Two: There are several ladies at Mary Baldwin College who "religiously" read Rocket Jones every day. Note the quotes. I won't go so far as to say that Rocket Jones is the official blog of that woman's college... Oh, who am I kidding? Of course I'm going to claim that!

So there you have it. Name drop "Rocket Jones" in any social circle and you will get adulation from the guys, and religious-like devotion from college-age women. Just another service I provide.

1 comments:

Ian said...

Now if I can just get that response for The Milkman. "Oh, you're the guy who wrote the book full of fart and ass jokes. Awesome. Oh, look at the time..." *runs away*

 
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »