Friday, August 01, 2003

Bits and pieces

Here's a partial list of performers scheduled to appear at Sturgis, SD.

Travis Tritt
Seether
3 Doors Down
Our Lady Peace
Steppenwolf
Night Ranger
Tesla
Slaughter
Winger
Warrant
White Snake
Jethro Tull
Bacon Brothers
Goo Goo Dolls
Molly Hatchet
Joan Jett
38 Special
Nazareth
Jackyl
Survivor
Black Oak Arkansas
Edwin McCain
Bellamy Brothers
Blue Oyster Cult
Kentucky Headhunters
Alice Cooper

Man, I didn't even know some of these groups were still around! I mean, Black Oak Arkansas?!?!

On the home front, Mookie went to have her head eyes examined. She doesn't need glasses. Bummer, because I already had the perfect nickname for her:

Googli-Mookie

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to settle for the good news that I won't be shelling out for prescription specs. She's probably a little bummed too, because she's already expressed a preference for these. Not a problem, sweetie. As soon as you get a job you'll be able to afford them.

This place looks like a dog cemetary. There are dead-looking dogs lying all over the floor. I just thought I'd mention that, because I almost rolled over one with my desk chair. I'm using my wife's old (and now unneeded) wheelchair as a desk chair, because it's here. It cost too much to just get rid of (freakin' insurance wouldn't pay a single cent), and we're still not sure that someday she might not need it again. Sooooo, I have a desk chair. And though the dogs are pretty good about staying out from under it, I almost ran over Sam just now. He'll probably get even by cuddling up while I nap and then ripping a nasty ol' dog fart. He's old. And treacherous.

Oh yeah, for those paying attention (both of you), the bite turned out to be from a homeless guy. They can smell like zombies after awhile I guess, which is why I was confused. Also, the fact that he was unwashed and unshaven (like for weeks) made me think he might have been a hippie (translation: liberal). Anyways, the odd feeling I was having was simple indigestion. I went home, washed the wound with soap and water, sprayed a little antiseptic, tossed back a shot of medicinal rum, and I'm feeling much better now thank you.

Where's a slimy ambulance-chasing lawyer when you need one?

Which brings me to my next drive-by blathering. The list of great blogs worth reading is astonishing, and it amazes me when even unintelligible and piss-poor sites have people visit and comment. Hey, you. Leave a comment. Make me feel loved.

0 comments:

 
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »